Which software do I need to run Vienna Symphonic Library instruments?
Our products always come with a free software included.
The Vienna Synchron Player Software is available for the following product lines:
How do I add my Library to the Vienna Synchron Player or Synchron Pianos Player?
The following VSL library series are all powered by our Vienna Synchron Player:
The following steps are the same for both the Vienna Synchron Player & Synchron Pianos Player.
- 0:11: Open the player preferences and click the Database tab.
- 0:24: Remove outdated (red) or wrong paths with the minus button.
- 0:28: Drag the library folder with the samples into the Database window.
- 0:36: Alternatively, you can also use the plus button to add your sample folders.
Important: The folders you want to add need to contain
- 0:50: Restart your host (usually your sequencer) or the stand-alone player to see the added sample library.
How do I add my Library to the Vienna Instruments / Vienna Imperial Player?
To reassign the sample content of your Vienna Instruments Collections, please follow these steps:
- Open the Directory Manager (find it in "Applications" (OS X) or "All Programs" (Win) => then "Vienna Instruments").
- Remove all folders - then add all sample content again by drag and drop from your Finder/Explorer.
- More information about how the Directory Manager works can be found in your Vienna Instruments Manual.
Can I download my library to an external hard drive?
Yes, of course! The faster the drive itself and the higher the data throughput, the better the streaming performance. Just make sure to use a fast enough connector (SATA 6, USB 3, ...).
Why am I seeing crossed-out / red slots in my sample player?
Can I import my existing VI libraries into Synchron Player?
Unfortunately that's not possible. We have restructured so many parameters, that you need a new data format to load sample content in the Synchron Player. When converting the sample content for your SYNCHRON-ized products, we are re-editing many of the samples to perform perfectly within the Synchron Player.
And of course you will always benefit from crossgrade prices when you are switching from your Vienna Instruments Collection to the corresponding SYNCHRON-ized product!
Do I have to be online to use Vienna products? What about offline machines?
You only need to be online to download
- your licenses onto your ViennaKey
- the eLicenser Control Center
- you VSL Software
- the installation data for your Synchron products and Vienna Instruments products
Once these components are installed on your computer, you can go ahead and work even if you're offline.
Synchron Player: Why Is My CPU Meter Peaking/Distorting?
If you see your CPU Meter in Synchron Player blinking red and the sound is breaking up, your CPU cannot process the audio data you are producing in Synchron Player. Try the following steps to improve the performance:
- Increase the buffer size of your soundcard.
- Increase the Preload size in Synchron Player Preferences > Database.
- Switch off Velocity XFade, wherever possible.
- Reduce the number of used microphones in the mixer.
- Lower the voice limit.
If that doesn't help, try to offload some of the notes of the channel to a second Synchron Player instance.
Can I install on more than one computer?
Feel free to install our products on as many computers as you like.
As your licenses are stored on a physical ViennaKey (or other USB eLicenser), you will be able to work on every computer that has this key connected and the necessary software components installed.
Our products come with one license, which can be downloaded once. If you need additional licenses, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where do I find my serial number / activation code?
All your registered products can be found at MyVSL > My Products.
Click "i" icon to see your activation code. Of course you have also received this information via mail, right after your purchase.
Do I need to keep the downloaded files after installation?
Once the installation is done, your Vienna Download Manager will ask if you'd like to keep the installation files. As you have already installed (= extracted) the data, you can safely go ahead and delete those installation files. You can re-download your sample content at any time from MyVSL.