- Choose the default locations for download and installation.
Always choose location demands a location confirmation for every initiated download.
Exception: Installing from within Bulk Mode does not bring up an additional "choose location" dialog.
- Your customizable VST2 Location for VSL plugins (Windows only).
VST3 plugins have a fixed location that can not be changed.
Vienna Assistant Modes & Download Options
- Offline-Mode deactivates the initial online-check, which can be useful for computers that are not connected tot he Internet.
- Keep downloaded data prevents the automatic deletion of the downloaded installation files after successful installation.
- Receive only mandatory notifications reduces the information we are supplying you with to ONLY important updates regarding your registered products.
- Set a Download speed limit to reduce CPU consumption or free up some bandwidth of your internet connection, whenever necessary.
- Restore Defaults resets the Vienna Assistant to the factory settings.
Library Updates – Offline Mode Workflow
STEP 1: Download the update on a computer with internet access
- If an update for a library is available, it will show the "Download Update" option in the context menu on the product tiles or in the detailed product view:
- Click on the button to download the update. If you want to download the whole content including the update, use the "Download" option above.
STEP 2: Install the update on a computer in offline mode
- Drag and drop the folder containing the update on the Vienna Assistant and click on "Update". You can also drop the package.info file inside the folder.
You can only install one update at once. Dropping multiple folders is not possible.
The Database page lets you determine which library products should be displayed in your sample players.
A click on the eye symbol adds/removes the products from the Synchron Player Database / Vienna Instruments Directory Manager.
You can also Hide all and Unhide all products on top of the list.
You can also drag and drop library folder here; it is the same feature as Add existing libraries in the Main Menu.
Any change in the Database settings requires a restart of your host to be effective.