FAQ: Licenses & Vienna Key
Each Vienna Symphonic Library product comes with a dedicated license.
These licenses are stored on a USB eLicenser key (also called "dongle") like our ViennaKey.
Alternatively to the ViennaKey, you can also use a Steinberg or Arturia Key, if you have one or can get one faster (they are usually available in music stores, and it´s the same copy protection system, "eLicenser").
How do I activate licenses?
After purchasing a product from our VSL web shop we will send you an Order Confirmation Email to your registered email address. Follow the instructions from your email to start the easy and automatic installation process.
If you prefer to activate your licenses manually start the eLicenser Control Center-Software and user your activation codes there.
- 0:17: Find your product information overview at MyVSL/MyPRODUCTS.
- 0:34: Download and install the latest version of the eLicenser Control Center.
- 0:40: Open the eLicenser Control Center Software and click "Enter Activation Code".
- 1:08: Reveal the Activation Code for your product at MyVSL/MyPRODUCTS by pressing the little "i" icon and copy your code via shortcut or right-click.
- 1:22: Paste the Activation code into the first field inside the eLicenser Control Center dialog and confirm by clicking the Continue button.
- 1:31: Click *Download License" and wait for the license to be downloaded onto your ViennaKey.
How can I move licenses from one ViennaKey to another ViennaKey?
How many licenses are included with my purchase?
Our products come with 1 license per purchase.
How do I get additional licenses?
Get in touch with email@example.com, we do offer secondary studio licenses for our bigger collections at a reduced price.
How many licenses do I need for Vienna Ensemble Pro?
This depends on your setup:
- If you use VE Pro 7 on one computer only, you will only need one license.
- If you want to use VE Pro in a network, you will need additional licenses which you can purchase at a reduced price.
For a network setup: Every computer that runs a VE Pro SERVER (and lets you load plug-ins in that server) will need one license and one ViennaKey or other USB eLicenser (you can also use a Steinberg Key, if you already have one or can get it faster).
You will NOT need a ViennaKey on your master computer if you don't plan to use the VE Pro Server on the master computer. The VE Pro plug-in that connects from your sequencer to the available servers in your network does not need a license to run.
Lost/Broken/Stolen Key - What to do?
ViennaKeys come with a 2-year hardware warranty that covers malfunctions that occurred without extraneous causes. And of course we know that you will be careful with your protection device(s), still: It can happen, hardware can break.
|WITH Vienna Protection Plan||WITHOUT Vienna Protection Plan|
|Report||Report your lost, stolen or broken ViennaKey which held a Vienna Protection Plan license.||Report your lost, stolen or broken ViennaKey.|
|Immediately||Receive a 50 hours Vienna Emergency License right away that you activate on a spare ViennaKey.||-|
|Support will contact you||Continue your work, our support team will look into your case.||Our support team will look into your case and will get back to you.|
|Broken Key||You'll receive permanent replacement licenses as soon as possible, free of charge.||You have to send in the key. Each replacement license will be available for € 20 (min. € 30).|
|Broken Key w/ warranty||You'll receive permanent replacement licenses as soon as possible, free of charge.
After we have examined your damaged key you'll get a replacement key, free of charge. Hardware warranty is 2 years, from date of purchase.
|After we have examined your damaged key you'll get a replacement key and replacement licenses, free of charge. Hardware warranty is 2 years, from date of purchase.|
|Lost / Stolen Key||You'll receive permanent replacement licenses as soon as possible, free of charge.||To meet you in the middle, you can purchase replacement licenses with a 50% discount on the list price.|
|Reactivate Protection||Purchase a new Vienna Protection Plan to re-activate your protection.||It will be a good idea to purchase a Vienna Protection Plan.|
What is the Vienna Protection Plan?
To have you covered under all circumstances, we have established the Vienna Protection Plan.
This option will be especially helpful if you are travelling a lot, but also if you are working in a dynamic environment. If you choose not to get a Vienna Protection Plan, our ViennaKeys still come with a 2-year hardware warranty that covers malfunctions that occurred without extraneous causes.
Transferring licenses to another user (reselling your products)
The transfer of a Vienna license to another user is not possible without our involvement and permission.
Vienna Symphonic Library allows a license transfer under certain, regulated circumstances.
The procedure is as follows (from the seller's perspective):
- The handling fee for the license transfer is 10% of the full price of the product (minimum fee EUR 50). Upgrade discounts and student discounts that may have been received at an earlier time will have to be refunded to the Vienna Symphonic Library.
- The seller announces the name and email address of the user the license should be transferred to in an email from his registered email address with us to firstname.lastname@example.org.Kindly note that we don't allow reselling in our own forums, or through platforms like eBay or similar, so you'll have to find a buyer privately.
- Hand over the registered ViennaKey or other eLicenser USB key which contains the product licenses. In case there are unused activation codes, these have to be handed over to the new user as well. If your key also holds other licenses, you will want to transfer your VSL license that you want to resell to an empty key which you then give to the new user. Note that it's not possible to hand over the license without a physical ViennaKey / eLicenser UBS Key.
Kindly note that it's not possible to transfer licenses that have already been downloaded to a key via internet from one key to another.
- The new user has to register as a user on our website and confirm that he has received the material listed in 3) to finalize the transfer.
The legal buyer of 'second hand' products of the Vienna Symphonic Library has full access to our support, software updates and sample downloads - he can even take advantage of our upgrade discounts with future orders.
For any license transfer inquiries, please contact us directly via email@example.com!