How do I get my free copy of Big Bang Orchestra?
It's really easy! All you need to do is to order your free BBO licenses from our VSL web shop and downlaod the license to a ViennaKey. You can also use a Steinberg Key if you already have one or can get one faster where you live. Then you can download and install the library right away!
Still having troubles getting you free BBO library? Don't worry, we have a great tutorial to help you on your way!
A detailed step-by-step text guide
- 0:20: Go to the Big Bang Orchestra site and click the ADD TO BASKET button on the left side and then Proceed to Checkout.
- 0:47: Log into your VSL account or create a free VSL account right here.
- 1:02: Add a ViennaKey to your order, if you don't have one already and click Next.
- 1:09: Check the details of your order and continue with the ORDER SUMMARY button. Accept our Terms of Service and PLACE YOUR ORDER.
Follow the next steps directly inside the Purchase Overview or inside your VSL Order Confirmation email that we have sent to your registered email address.
- 1:55: Download and install the latest version of the Vienna Download Manager from MyVSL for your operating system.
- 2:14: If you have not yet installed the eLicenser Software (our copy protection system), allow the Vienna Download Manager to download the software for you and install it right away.
- 2:38: Click the Activation Code link from your email or the Purchase Overview page and allow the Download Manager to start the automated installation routine.
- 2:54: Choose a destination for your installation files you can see now.
- 3:06: Optional: You can deactivate Auto-Install if you wish to proceed with the installation at a later time by simply clicking INSTALL NOW when you are ready.
- 3:24: Click Activate & Activate License to start the license download of your BBO license and proceed with Finish License Activation.
- 3:36: Inside the Library Installer you will see, all available microphone positions are checked for you. Start the installation process with the Continue button and choose a destination for your BBO samples. Either choose an existing folder, if you have installed VSL libraries before or choose a new folder.
Important: We highly recommend to install your samples on an SSD for optimal performance.
- 4:09: It's safe to delete the installation files after the installation since you do not need those files anymore.
- 4:24: Download and install the Vienna Synchron Player from MyVSL for your operating system:
- 4:46: Windows user only: Make sure to install your Vienna Synchron Player plugins to a destination where your sequencer can find them.
- 5:07: All done! Start the Vienna Synchron Player, load the samples from the list on the right side and start enjoying your new Big Bang Orchestra!
How can I redownload a product?
Can I download on a PC, then transfer to a Mac or vice versa?
Yes, you can! Data is data, and you can copy the sample content via network or external drive from one system to the other. Don't forget to re-add your samples to the corresponding sample player.
In general, you will benefit from the standard formats (in details here) that are used on the supported OS's.
- On macOS, the standard is APFS or MacOS (Journaled)
- On Windows, you should stick to NTFS formats.
I've lost my instrument files!
No worries, you can download your sample content anytime. Find your Synchron Player Sample Content right here:
The download files for your Vienna Instruments Collections are available here:
You will find short instructions for the download in the column to the left of the download page.
Detailed installation instructions here starting step 5.
How do I update my products?
Why is VSL creating a new player instead of just creating new libraries for VI?
It was simply time for a new generation of player that would be more comfortable, intuitive and flexible. Incredible orchestral performance, out of the box.
And our SYNCHRON-ized products transform our classic Vienna Instruments products in a well-balanced, seated orchestra that sits right there at Synchron Stage Vienna - waiting for your input!
What is the copy protection? Do I need a dongle?
We are using the eLicenser copy protection software to protect both your and our investment. So you will need a physical ViennaKey to store your licenses on.
Alternatively, you can also use a Steinberg or Arturia Key, if you have one or can get one faster (they are usually available in music stores, and it´s the same copy protection system, "eLicenser").
iLok is a different copy protection system and will not work with our products.